We also offer Essential Health Benefit (“EHB”) Plans that are designed to provide coverage for the ten (10) categories of health care services required under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“ACA”).
- EHB coverage is only offered and made available during ACA-defined open enrollment periods, as well as for documented eligibility that triggers an ACA-defined special enrollment period.
- EHB Bronze Level Coverage is only available in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Utah.
- EHB Silver Level Coverage is only available in Colorado.
- ACA Gold and Platinum Level plans are not available in any state.
- Because our EHB coverage is not made available through the ACA’s Exchanges (also known as the Marketplace), you will not qualify to receive subsidies from the federal government in the form of premium tax credits or reduced cost sharing if you purchase our EHB Plan.
- Depending on your income level (generally household income less than 400% of the federal poverty level) you may qualify for such subsidies if you purchase coverage through an Exchange/Marketplace. For more information concerning these subsidies, enrolling through an Exchange, or about the ACA in general, please see the federal government’s website at www.healthcare.gov.
- Depending on your state of residence, coverage is underwritten by Freedom Life Insurance Company of America (800-387-9027), National Foundation Life Insurance Company (800-221-9039) and/or Enterprise Life Insurance Company (800-606-4482). If you would like to receive more information about our EHB plans in your state, and to be connected with a licensed agent in your state, please contact any of the insurance companies above at their listed toll free number and ask to speak with an EHB Enrollment Specialist.
Texas Telemedicine Coverage for Health Benefit Plans:
Telemedicine coverage includes the professional services Provided by a
Provider for the Medically Necessary evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of covered items and services.
Telemedicine is defined as the interactive use of audio, video or other electronic media for the purpose of diagnosis,
consultation or treatment by a Provider or a Provider’s authorized designee.
Telemedicine does not include the sole use of an audio only telephone, a video only system, a facsimile machine,
instant messages or electronic mail.